|What does the role involve?
|The Service Team Volunteer role supports a local Team in the delivery of our services. This can include;
· Administrative support
· Helping clients understand the service and how to access it
· Dropping off promotional materials
· Attending events
· Assisting staff with workshops, presentations and awareness raising
· Accompanying staff on home visits
· Promoting the organisation and our services
· Submitting regular reports on activities completed
· Promotion of the organisation and our services
|What is needed for this Role?
|We are looking for individuals with the following key skills and attributes
· Good communication skills – written and verbal
· Empathy and patience when dealing with clients who have challenges
· A knowledge of or interest in advocacy
· A basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel & Outlook
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload
· Ability to work independently & as part of a team
· A commitment to the aims and ethos of VoiceAbility
|This role is currently available in the following areas:
|Do I need to be able to travel?
|Yes, travel may be required and expenses from travel will be paid
|Can I do this role at the evenings and weekend?
|Some evening and weekend volunteering may be required for events
|Is this role suitable for under 18s?
|What is the usual time spent volunteering in this role?
|This is an informal role with opportunities to volunteer based on the needs of the Local Team
|What is the length of time expected for this role?
|What can I expect from VoiceAbility?
|· Support from local Team
· Training in the role and other learning opportunities
· The opportunity to make a positive difference to people with care and support needs
· The opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and gain experience
· The opportunity to help us develop our volunteering work
· Volunteer induction training and training specific to your role
· 1:1 Support from VoiceAbility staff including regular feedback
· A reference if you complete over six months of volunteering in the role
· Reimbursement of expenses and travel costs in line with VoiceAbility policy
|What do VoiceAbility expect from me?
|· To complete the recruitment process including providing a minimum of two references and complete a DBS and Right to Work Check (VoiceAbility will cover the cost of this)
· To complete all necessary training
· Understand and sign the Volunteer Code of Conduct & Agreement
· To perform your role in a way that is consistent with VoiceAbility’s Values and in line with our volunteering policies and procedures
|What do I need to do next?
|Please contact us at email@example.com to register your interest in this role. If you have any problems doing this, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Helpline on 0300 303 1660. Our local team contact you to arrange an online meeting or call to see if volunteering with us is right for you. We would like to encourage people with lived experience of care and support needs to apply for our roles.