Service Team Volunteer
Can you help promote services to local people in your community? Can you help at events and awareness raising sessions?
You could help improve access to services in your community.
This role is ideal for people who already have a connection to their community or would like to build one.
The Service Team Volunteer role supports in the delivery of advocacy and other services by:
- Helping clients understand about advocacy.
- Attending events and awareness raising activities.
- Networking and promoting our services and organisation.
- Signposting to other services.
- Building professional relationships and partnership working.
- Supporting our community engagement programmes in your local area.
What is needed for this Role?
We are looking for individuals with the following key skills and attributes
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- A basic level of IT literacy – email, docs.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team.
- A commitment to the aims and ethos of VoiceAbility.
This role is currently available in the following areas: Across Scotland.
Do I need to be able to travel? Travel locally.
Can I do this role at the evenings and weekend? No.
Is this role suitable for under 18s? No.
What is the usual time spent volunteering in this role? 3 hrs min a week.
What is the length of time expected for this role: Minimum 6 months.
What can I expect from VoiceAbility?
- Support from staff and wider Team.
- Training in the role and other learning opportunities.
- The opportunity to make a positive difference to people with care and support needs.
- The opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and gain experience.
- the opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and gain experience in your chosen volunteering role/s.
- the opportunity to help us develop our volunteering work.
- Regular support and KIT (Keeping in touch) meetings.
- A reference if you complete over six months of volunteering in the role.
- Reimbursement of expenses and travel costs in line with VoiceAbility policy.
What do VoiceAbility expect from me?
- To complete the recruitment process including providing a minimum of two references and complete a PVG check (VoiceAbility will cover the cost of this).
- Right to Work check.
- To complete all necessary training.
- Understand and sign the Volunteer Agreement.
- To perform your role in a way that is consistent with VoiceAbility’s Values and in line with our volunteering policies and procedures.
What do I need to do next?
Please click here to see this volunteering opportunity.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you have any problems doing this email email@example.com or call the Helpline on 0300 303 1660.
We would like to encourage people with lived experience of care and support needs to apply for our roles. You do not need to have any experience, we value applications from those who share our values and full training is provided.