We’re looking for volunteers to support people with digital. You can either offer face-to-face help at our digital groups or over-the-phone support on our national helpline.
You’ll be part of our Reconnect service. The service provides digital groups that take place across communities in Edinburgh and East Lothian, providing advice to people who are looking to improve their digital skills. We also run a national helpline, which was set up to provide advice to people who have received a digital device as part of the Scottish Government’s Connecting Scotland programme.
From offering basic support with turning on or using a device, to focused help in areas like how to keep in touch with friends and family online; how to save money online; or help with CV writing, job searches and applying for jobs online. There may also be opportunities to get involved in research.
You don’t need to be an IT expert as training will be provided but you’ll be friendly, patient and keen to help people from various backgrounds get online in order to improve their overall wellbeing.
- Support people who attend digital groups to develop their digital skills.
- Build relationships with people who use the service and our wider team.
- Provide responses to enquiries and basic digital support to callers when supporting the helpline.
- Carry out associated admin tasks.
Skills & qualities needed
- Good communication, team work and organisational skills.
- Friendly, positive attitude.
- Bring new and innovative ideas about how we can improve our team.
- Believe in People Know How values and look to promote our cause.
We are very flexible in terms of full/part time availability and can tailor the volunteer role to fit around your current lifestyle.
What we can provide
- Work experience and training to develop your skills.
- Opportunities to get involved in various aspects of the organisation e.g training programs/research initiatives.
- Access to our volunteer network.
- A friendly and supportive atmosphere so you can achieve your goals.
- Work references for all successful volunteers – build your CV.
- Volunteering experience.
Support & training
As part of People Know How, you will receive:
- Guidance on using our systems including Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams.
- Full induction training to familiarise themselves with the charity and volunteer procedures.
- Role-specific training where the role and any safeguarding procedures will be explained.
- Regular one-to-one guidance and support. During this support any relevant training that may be required will be identified and the volunteer will be offered suitable training to meet their needs.
Expectations of volunteers
- Willingness to abide by People Know How’s policies, including Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy.
- Willingness to use support systems.
- Co-operation with administrative tasks e.g. filling in expenses forms.
- Commitment to attend ongoing training.
- Open communication with team.
Location of volunteering
- In person at a digital group venue in Edinburgh or East Lothian or remote
If you are interested in this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 19th May 2023.