We’re a recently launched Edinburgh based eco-start-up. Our unique, innovative secondary glazing system helps reduce domestic carbon emissions and heating costs by enabling households to insulate their windows far more easily and cheaply than with any other system. We hope that they’ll help upgrade the millions of UK windows that are still single glazed, particularly in period properties. We’ve won a place on the Scottish Government’s prestigious Unlocking Ambition accelerator programme for businesses that will contribute to Scotland’s ambitious aim of reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2045.
The job will mainly involve helping us assemble and dispatch our “Gecko Panes”, and (if Covid regulations allow AND we’re confident it can be done safely) visiting customers to measure for and install our products. If the post holder is interested, they can help us develop our website, social media presence, digital marketing strategy and business generally. They’ll also learn about starting a business and the exciting world of eco startups in Scotland. They’ll make a big difference to our business and at least a wee difference to the planet. We’re currently operating from Covid-compliant domestic premises in EH11 until we need somewhere bigger. The role is funded until the end of June, but may extend beyond that if circumstances allow.
The role will entail
– Manufacture of the secondary glazing panes
– Packaging and dispatch of the panes
– Potentially, client visits to measure for and install panes
– Ad hoc administrative and promotional support when needed.
– If of interest, development of our website and social media presence, including helping produce content and a digital marketing strategy
– If of interest, input into the development of the business
– Applicants must be good with their hands. No processes are difficult, dangerous or require much prior experience, but the applicant needs to be able to put things together and use small power and hand tools. If they’ve had significant crafting, woodwork, or construction experience, it will help (if they’ve ever successfully constructed IKEA furniture, they’ll probably be fine). They’ll also have to package things up for dispatch.
– Attention to detail is important, as the panes are all made to customer measurements
Desirable, but not necessary skills
– Competent with MS Office products, in particular Excel (as measurements and orders are currently maintained on an Excel spreadsheet)
– Customer service and clear communication skills given the possibility of undertaking client site visits and installation
– Clean drivers licence and/or ability to cycle (for client site visits).
Experience and qualifications
– Educated to minimum SVQ 2 level
Please email a CV and short cover letter explaining your interest and suitability to email@example.com
Applicants will be invited to a short interview by videoconference or phone.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date
Friday 15th January
£1,500 per month base plus production bonuses