Here at Oxfam Edinburgh we’re dedicated to fighting poverty and inequality. Oxfam is a global movement of millions of people who share the belief that, in a world rich in resources, poverty isn’t inevitable. We respond fast in emergencies, work on long-term projects with communities and campaign for genuine, lasting change. Our volunteers, staff, and those we aim to influence are all guided by our values of empowerment, accountability, and inclusiveness.
There are several different areas in our shops that could use your expertise. Whether you are passionate about clothing, love to organise, know your bric-a-brac or even want to get creative with our displays, your time, and skills with be appreciated.
We usually we ask for 4-8 hours per week and can be very flexible around parenting / caring / health / employment / education and any other commitments you may have. Some travel and lunch expenses can be covered too so you won’t be out of pocket whist volunteering with us.
If you have a couple of hours to give to Oxfam, then we’d like to hear from you.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Reliable and honest
- Willing to learn new skills
- Interested in working with a team
The role involves:
- It’s up to you! You can help behind the scenes or on the shop floor and you can even branch out into different areas and do extra training. For example, team leader, online retail, social media, admin & accountancy roles, community outreach, and events organising.
*Boost your confidence, skills and socialise by volunteering*
Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the Sex Offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you).
Our shop complies with Covid-19 guidance and we aim to keep everyone safe with thorough cleaning and welfare procedures.
There are many ways to apply for volunteering in the shop:
- You can apply online at www.oxfam.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer-with-us/volunteer-in-an-oxfam-shop/apply/
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and an application form.
- Or collect an application at your nearest shop.
We currently have vacancies at the following shops:
- 204/206 Morningside Rd, Morningside, Edinburgh EH10 4QQ
- 120/122 Nicolson St, Newington, Edinburgh EH8 9EJ
Recruitment is ongoing, there is no closing date. In the future vacancies may be available in our other Edinburgh shops.
Related Jobs (1)
Community Schools Volunteer, Who Cares Scotland on May 21, 2021