Celestia Technologies Group (CTG) is an international technology group based on research and development, innovation and deployment of high technology products. Primarily, the group focuses on R&D, Design Services and Product Development for Aerospace, Defence, Telecommunications and Scientific markets. There is a rich pedigree of Product Development in Antenna, RF and Modem design for different Satcom & Terrestrial Systems.
The team here at Celestia Technologies Group (UK) Ltd have embarked on a challenging programme to design innovative technologies for High Throughput Satellite communication system. Part of this includes the well-publicised large contract with the European Space Agency (ESA) to develop a fully electronic scanning ground station, capable of tracking and communicating simultaneously with multi satellites. A broad range of technical domains are being worked on including Antenna, RF, Signal Processing, Beamforming, Digital Design and Real-time Software.
With increasing commitments and anticipated growth, we are keen to expand our team and hire highly motivated, capable assembly & test technicians with good inter-personal skills and a positive attitude to tackle MAIT work.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive welcoming work environment where everyone is happy, productive and able to maximize their individual potential. This role is currently not open to candidates that require a permit to work in the UK.
Roles & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the assembly & test of cutting edge technology prototype and production Antenna & RF hardware. Previous space industry experience is preferred although not essential. Previous experience in a PCB manufacturing environment is desired. The candidate should be at a level of competence to enable support to CelestiaUK’s projects from day one. We’re looking for a self-starter who can understand a task brief and run with it, seeking help and mentorship as required, but with successful accomplishment founded on personal knowledge and skill.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Year 1 Entry to the Graduate Apprenticeship Programme –
- SQA Highers at BBBB including Mathematics, plus Physics or similar;
- A-Levels at BBC including Mathematics, plus Physics or similar;
- SQA HNC in an engineering discipline (or a suitable Modern Apprenticeship) with Engineering Mathematics 1 & 2 (or equivalent).
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Engineering in conjunction with SQA Highers at BBB* including Mathematics.
Year 2 Entry to the Graduate Apprenticeship Programme –
- SQA Advanced Highers at BBB including Mathematics, plus Physics or similar;
- A-Levels at ABB including Mathematics, plus Physics or similar;
- SQA HND in an engineering discipline (or a suitable Modern Apprenticeship) with Engineering Mathematics 1, 2 & 3 (or equivalent)
Advanced entry to second (or third year in extraordinary cases) may be possible if the candidate possesses more advanced prior learning or experience.
Candidates with relevant and demonstrable work experience will also be considered: –
- Experience of working in the electronics or aerospace industries
- Experience in assembly/rework of PCBs including surface mount & BGA devices
- Trained to IPC-610 (PCB Assembly) & IPC-620 (Cable & Wire Harnesses) or equivalent
- Experience of working in an ESD manufacturing/test environment
- Experience in mechanical assembly including use of torque tools
- Integration of electrical/mechanical enclosures
- Experience of working under magnification/microscopes
- Capable of helping develop processes & procedures to help establish best practice in both manufacturing & test scenarios.
- Experience in the use of standard laboratory manufacturing & test equipment, soldering irons, PSUs, DMMs, oscilloscopes
- Exposure to RF Testing & Test equipment
- Structured approach to unit test including capability to diagnose faults to component level desirable
- Creation of appropriate assembly & test documentation
- Experience in hand-soldering operations of surface mount components
- Experience in using PCB layout and Schematic Capture software (Orcad, Cadstar) for viewing designs
- Manual soldering of PCBs (both through-hole and SMD components) is highly desirable.
- Ability to read technical drawings is essential, and experience of using CAD software tools such as SolidWorks would be advantageous
- Certification against recognised assembly/production/test standards e.g. ESA certified assembly technician is highly desirable.
- Experience within a Product Development environment would i.e. moving prototype is highly desirable
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels
- Ability to work well in a team and support team members
- Ability to identify and specify components for procurement as required
- Excellent attention to detail and attitude to quality
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAIT, Soldering, PCBs, RF Testing & Test equipment, assembly & test documentation, procedures, electronics, aerospace
Related Jobs (39)
Part-time Sports Coaches required, Inspire Sports Coaching, Edinburgh Gyle on October 14, 2021 Part Time
Part-time Sales Assistant, Helly Hansen, George Street, Edinburgh on October 14, 2021 Part Time
Part-time Reception Team Member, Premier Inn, Dalkeith on October 14, 2021 Part Time
Christmas Support Team x10 posts, NEXT, Stirling The Thistle on October 14, 2021 Part TimeSeasonal
Part-time Beauty Therapist, St James Quarter, GE Brow Bar on October 13, 2021 FlexiblePart Time
Part-time Front of House Team Member, Dishoom Edinburgh on October 13, 2021 Part Time