===ABOUT SOCIAL CARE ALBA===
Social Care Alba is a leading care at home provider in Edinburgh. An independently awarded top marks in all categories by the Care Inspectorate – we’re aware of how having the right support can transform peoples’ lives.
===ABOUT THE JOB===
To provide emotional and physical support to individuals and their families. To facilitate independence by working in a dignified and respectful way.
===YOUR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE===
- 2 years or more experience in a similar role
- SVQ 3 or equivalent in Health or Social Care
- Good – Knowledge of health and safety.
- Good – Understanding of health & social care best practice.
- Good – Attention to detail.
- Good – Time management, and planning.
- Good – Ability to work independently with initiative.
- Excellent – Communication across different audiences
- Excellent – Compassionate, trustworthy, and reliability
===WHAT WE OFFER===
People are at the heart of everything we do, so we continue to invest in our staff to ensure they are happy, motivated, well-trained and supported.
- Competitive salary and travel expenses
- Guaranteed hours and flexibility
- Employers’ contribution into your pension
- 28 days paid holidays
- Paid induction & full training
- Generous “Refer a friend” scheme
- A clear career pathway and opportunities for career development
- Your own Buddy and access to our Mentorship progress
- Access to education and learning resources
- On-going support with paid specialist training – from SVQ to Degree
- Participation to social occasions and events (Foodie Fridays)
- ‘Open-door’ policy so you can drop in to talk or have a coffee, Fruits & Snacks
**VISA Sponsorship for candidate live in UK
Work remotely: No
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: £21,350.00-£23,000.00 per year
- Additional pay
- Bonus scheme
- Commission pay
- Loyalty bonus
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Free or subsidised travel
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supporting new team members, including assisting with their:
- Learning & Development
- Induction and being a Buddy
- Mentorship & sharing of skills and knowledge
Supporting service users, including assisting with:
- Advocacy and being a Key Worker.
- Catheter care, moving and assisting.
- Promotion of equality and people’s rights.
- Social visits, meal preparation and shopping.
- Reporting incidents, accidents, or complaints.
- Medication, washing dressing, continence promotion.
Managing personal workload, including:
- Logging into and out of every visit.
- Attending and contributing to meetings.
- Updating electronic records such as daily notes.
- Attending all relevant training and development programs.
- Keeping updated with care legislation and SCA policies
Related Jobs (2)
Part time and relief Support worker roles – Edinburgh and the Lothians on January 13, 2023 Flexible Part Time