We are looking to employ energetic, enthusiastic and fun individuals as Playworkers to join our busy team and support our thriving after school club service.
SASCS is a charitable, not for profit organisation, which provides breakfast, after school and holiday services to children and their families.
Our services play a key role in the school community. Sciennes Primary School is a lively, friendly and diverse school. The school is one of the largest primary schools in the city and is recognised as a UNESCO Rights Respecting School.
- Working as part of our established team to provide childcare for up to 85 children each day. Strong team working skills are essential.
- Offering activities such as art and crafts, science, baking, outdoor games, sports, and general supervision of children’s play. Activities can be based on your interests and skills, we are always open to new ideas!
- Striving hard to offer an excellent service to the children in our care. This involves regular participation in team briefing and evaluation sessions and having a genuine interest in being part of a high-quality childcare environment.
No qualifications are required. Experience of working with primary aged children would be advantageous.
What we offer
- A starting salary of £10.25 per hour with opportunity to progress to more senior roles.
- A minimum of 5 weeks annual leave, based on your weekly working pattern.
- Access to a contributory pension scheme.
- An excellent city centre location. We are only a very short walk from the meadows and definitely make the most of being outdoors when we can (Scottish weather permitting!).
- A diverse and supportive work environment. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and value the wide range of backgrounds, cultures, experience and skills that individuals can bring to the team.
- Support to progress your childcare career with us including a staff mentoring scheme and a wide range of training opportunities.
- Covering the costs of the Disclosure Scotland Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check and the initial registration costs with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)
Hours of Work
Term time hours are typically 2.30pm to 6pm. On Fridays, the school finishes earlier and there is the opportunity to work a longer day, from 9.45am to 6pm.
We operate breakfast club and after school club in line with the City of Edinburgh Council term time dates.
SASCS operates a holiday service during the school holidays in October, February, Easter, May in-service day and for the first four weeks of July each summer. During these periods we would be flexible with the hours you work, based on your availability and our capacity.
- It is expected that these positions will commence between 16th August and 12th September 2022, unless candidates are available before
- You will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check and be eligible for registration with the Scottish Social Services Council.
- We understand if you have other commitments such as education and you may not be able to confirm a working pattern with us now. We would welcome your application and look to agree a working pattern with you in advance of the school year starting in August. We request a minimum of 7 hours a week during term time.
- If you have any further questions about the role or the application process, please contact Sonia / Lindsey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply, please send your cv to email@example.com – ensuring you include email contact details for a minimum of 2 referees, one of which should be your most recent employer or from your current education setting.
- The closing date for application is Thursday 26th May 2022
- Interviews will be held on Monday 30th and Tuesday 31st May 2022 only and no alternative dates are available