Junior Structural CAD/BIM Technician, Edinburgh Office
Harley Haddow are consulting engineers working in the Structural, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Energy disciplines. We work closely with Architects and other design orientated colleagues to deliver award winning design focused buildings throughout the UK.
We have a vacancy for a full time Junior Structural Technician to join our busy Structural department based in our Edinburgh office.
Your responsibilities will include the preparation of CAD drawings (general arrangements and details) of the Structural and Civil Engineering designs undertaken by the Engineers. This will involve preparation of CAD drawings from hand drawings, sketches or from CAD layouts prepared by others.
You shall be responsible for the plotting, issuing, archiving and filing of CAD drawings produced by Harley Haddow and of incoming drawing information received from other design team members and Contractors.
You will be given in-house training on relevant technical drawing software e.g. AutoCAD and Revit.
You will attend college on a day release basis to study NC/HNC in Civil Engineering or similar, depending on qualifications.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Preparation of CAD drawings for issue to external parties to meet agreed programmes and deadlines
- Receipt and management/filing of incoming drawings from other design team members and Contractors
- Filing and archiving of CAD drawings prepared by Harley Haddow
- Maintaining CAD standards
Candidates should have the following experience and skills;
- A minimum of five Nat 5’s at grade A-C including Mathematics, English, Science and an appropriate technical subject
- Interest in Structural/Civil Engineering and construction
- Excellent day to day IT skills
- Experience of Autocad / REVIT or similar CAD packages an advantage
- Good people skills and a team working approach
- An aptitude for learning and a desire to progress in your chosen career
- Going forward, an ability to multitask, work to tight deadlines and manage own workload
- To be a confident & capable individual with strong communication skills.
- Going forward to be able to represent the company through direct contact with clients and other design team members
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
Harley Haddow offer an industry-leading environment of engineering experts and the chance to work on a huge range of projects and sectors throughout the UK. We have three modern, open plan, central offices and encourage ongoing training throughout our teams as well as the chance to have input on the business direction and growth. Some of our senior management started as graduates and now run their own teams and offices.
Please apply by email letting us know why you would be the ideal candidate for this role and also including a CV to email@example.com . Candidates are more than welcome to submit any accompanying presentation or short video with their application.
Please also return a signed copy of our Privacy Statement as part of your application.
Related Jobs (47)
Front of House Team Member, Part-time, Craig House Brewers Fayre, on October 25, 2021 Part Time
Cashier Sales Assistant Volunteer, British Heart Foundation, Portobello on October 25, 2021 Part Time
Online Sales Volunteer, British Heart Foundation Portobello on October 25, 2021 Part Time
Banqueting Waiting Staff – Prestonfield, Edinburgh on October 22, 2021 EveningPart Time Weekend
Sales Consultant, Permanent, x5 Positions, Edinburgh Fort on October 21, 2021 Part TimePermanent