Events and Conference Staff
Employer: REL Recruitment
Position title: Events and Conference Staff
Application close: 30 Sep 2021
Start Date: 08/10/21
Contract Type: Temporary
Contract Hours: Part Time
Rate of Pay : £9.25 + ph
Location: Edinburgh (City Centre)
REL Events are looking for a number of Hospitality & Events Staff for upcoming Conferences & Exhibitions due to take place in Edinburgh EICC throughout the months of October – December starting on the 8th October.
Full time and part time temporary roles available from the 8th -16th and would suit anyone with good people, communication and customer service skills.
There are also several assignments available in Edinburgh –
NB Everyone will be required to show proof of at least one Covid vaccination.
These roles will include but not limited to –
- Being the first point of contact for visitors, speakers & exhibitors
- Data entry of information to produce badges
- Printing these out using a look up system
- Handing out badges
- General enquiries
- Ensuring visitors are directed to the rooms within the venue with ease
- General customer service
Room Assistants / Hosts
- Being first point of contact at session rooms
- Welcoming attendees
- Taking head counts of attendees
- Liaising with technicians within the room
- General customer service
Warehouse Crew / Event Labourers – starting 8th through to the 16th.
NB – Weekends are part of the event and availability for the full period is required, FLT licence would be an advantage as there may be a requirement for occasional loading / unloading of deliveries.
You’ll help the Conference Operations team prepare the venue for the conference. Help with all incoming & outgoing shipments & deliveries of external vendor products, unpacking them for use at the conference & then repacking them to send off during load out. Be a key contributor to maintaining organisers-owned inventory, receiving / unpacking all supplies & managing sign-in/sign-out of items during the event. Maintain a detailed & accurate database to reflect actual inventory numbers, tracking discrepancies and creating new entries as needed.
Assist with general duties like setup / teardown of rooms / exhibits or moving furniture / other event materials around the venue, assigned to help other teams with projects as needed. Stay on task even if the workload is light.
Proactive & resourceful, able to think critically when solving problems. Manage your time effectively & have experience managing competing priorities.
Familiar with the use of hand tools / basic machinery.
This is a labour intensive position and involves standing and moving for long periods. You must be able to move and carry at least 35 -50lbs with lifting equipment provided.
- Liaise with vendors/delivery services to coordinate incoming/outgoing deliveries & shipments
- Receive, unpack / repack all inventory
- Manage the sign-in /sign-out of Inventory items, tracking use & ensuring all items are accounted for & returned at the end of the conference.
- Maintain / update organisers internal inventory database accurately & in detail
- Assembling, setting up & dismantling of furniture, props decor, lighting, AV signage or other items Interpret floor plans / banquet orders to move / place inventory from the loading area into the event space
How to apply –
Please E-mail a CV to Linda Stewart at REL Events – Linda.Stewart@rel-group.com
Please advise that you are applying for the Edinburgh Conference Roles in the E-mail subject.
Please also advise as to which of the four roles you wish to express an interest in.
Related Jobs (41)
Part-time Sports Coaches required, Inspire Sports Coaching, Edinburgh Gyle on October 14, 2021 Part Time
Part-time Sales Assistant, Helly Hansen, George Street, Edinburgh on October 14, 2021 Part Time
Part-time Reception Team Member, Premier Inn, Dalkeith on October 14, 2021 Part Time
Christmas Support Team x10 posts, NEXT, Stirling The Thistle on October 14, 2021 Part TimeSeasonal
Part-time Beauty Therapist, St James Quarter, GE Brow Bar on October 13, 2021 FlexiblePart Time
Part-time Front of House Team Member, Dishoom Edinburgh on October 13, 2021 Part Time