Love Travel!? Love People!? Love Edinburgh!? We have the job for you!
Kick Ass Hostels are a rapidly growing company of backpacker hostels, currently located in the centre of Edinburgh with the aim to expand to other locations soon. We are looking to recruit another Bar & Events team member to join our crew!
What we are looking for…
- Previous barista/bar experience is preferred
- Outgoing and lively personality
- A strong interest in café/bar work, customer service and events
- Delivery of outstanding customer service at all times
- Ownership to resolve any guest requests/complaints as they arise
- Confidence to ID patrons within age-restrictions laws & hostel policy
- Fluent in English – additional languages will be a plus
- Ability to maintain a proactive and positive attitude during busy environments
- Ability to work well as part of a team and on your own
- Knowledge of beers, wines and whisky is a plus
- Enthusiastic about leading our daily events, including Pub Crawls, Karaoke and more
- Punctual and presentable with excellent grooming standards.
- Confident cash handling
- Knowledge and confidence in Food & Hygiene Safety
- You need to be able to legally work in the UK
- Flexible working hours (days, evenings and weekends)
Your tasks include…
- To work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant and Events.
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner, maintaining a welcoming atmosphere in the cafe/bar.
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high level of customer service.
- Run evening events, including Pub Crawls, Pub Quizzes, Pool Tournaments and more. Encourage guests to participate.
- Make a selection of lunch menu items, including soup and nachose
- Follow cash handling procedures.
- Up-sell products with latest departmental incentives.
- Ensure compliance of brand standards.
- Strive to achieve departmental targets.
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Comply with hostel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
If this sounds like the role for you and you think you could be a good addition to our team, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for our consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you!